Who Is Ryan?
Ryan Begelman co-founded Summit Series, described as “TED meets Burning Man” & “The Davos of Gen Y” by Forbes
They’ve become known for hosting incredible events with thousands of leading creators like Richard Branson, Jeff Bezos & Jessica Alba. Summit acquired Powder Mountain, America’s largest ski resort after pre-selling the opportunity to their community.
Ryan also bought into Bisnow Media, became CEO & sold for a reported $50mil+, all without venture capital.
What You’ll Learn
Part 1: Business Frameworks + Backstory
- Framework For Business Ideas – a technique to generate ideas: marketing, monetization + markets
- Bootstrapping + Buying A Mountain – how they pre-sold an idea to their community to buy a mountain for $50mil + why you should consider bootstrapping too
- Joint Venture Waterfalls – applying a concept from private equity to real estate + businesses
- Dealflow – four ways to think about generating deal flow: hunting, trapping, farming, trading
- Replacing Yourself – how to find, hire & train someone to replace you
Part 2: Holistic Entrepreneurship, Philosophy + Mental Fitness
- Redefining Wealthy + Holistic Entrepreneurship – creating a well-rounded, fun & meaningful life through entrepreneurship
- “Software For The Brain” – train your brain for mental fitness, developing awareness + neuroplasticity
- Practical Philosophy – concepts from greek philosophy, Buddhism & stoicism to help you be less reactive + less annoyed
- The Story of the Chinese Farmer – a parable about nature + grounding yourself in truth
- Ego – is wanting to leave an indelible mark on humanity a form of ego or something to strive for?
Time Stamps (YouTube)
Thank you to our partner
This week's episode is supported by InstaSleep Mint Melts, the drug-free, convenient sleep aid.
They’re easy to take without water & melt in your mouth like a mint. They’re designed to help you fall asleep faster & wake up without feeling groggy in the morning.
If you’ve had issues sleeping like I have, try them out - available at select Walgreens stores and their website: www.upgradeyoursleep.com