Shaan Puri is an entrepreneur, investor & top 50 podcast host. He was the CEO of Bebo when they sold to Twitch (Amazon) where he's now a senior director of product.
He invests in startups + recently raised $2.5mil for his "rolling fund" in 11 days, just from a tweet.
Watch + subscribe on YouTube:
Let us know what you think on Twitter:
In this conversation we discuss:
- solopreneurship vs high growth startups
- ideas + blueprints for solopreneurs
- creating a life vision + the 3 stages of "becoming"
- selling your company by creating your "Amazon buy button"
- lessons in building trust, persuasion + social dynamics
- how to get unstuck + the A, B, Z framework
- why you should work like a lion, not a cow
- how Shaan makes $50k/month by "working in public"
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:01:51 Shaan's Background
- 00:05:58 Startups vs Big Company
- 00:10:38 Babies, Teenagers + Startups
- 00:13:13 "Stay Hungry, Not Thirsty"
- 00:16:02 How To Correctly Slip Into The DMs
- 00:18:06 Raising $2.5mil In 11 Days From A Tweet
- 00:21:24 "Create An Amazon Buy Button For Yourself"
- 00:23:56 "Companies Are Either Bought Or Sold" - Selling To Amazon
- 00:31:02 Social Dynamics, Persuasion + Lessons From "The Game"
- 00:37:54 How To Come Up With A Life Vision?
- 00:45:19 $50k/Month To Work In Public – "1000 True Fans" Moment
- 00:48:24 Importance Of Emotional Juice In Decisions
- 00:51:33 Soloproneurship vs High Growth Startups
- 00:58:04 Ideas + Blueprints For Solopreneurs
- 01:03:14 Behind The Mind – A, B, Z Framework
- 01:10:27 "Work Like A Lion, Not Like A Cow"
- 01:14:22 "You Either Win Or You Learn"
- 01:15:15 Navigating "Should I Be Doing This?"
- 01:23:09 Feeling Down + How To Get Unstuck
- 01:30:11 3 Stages Of "What Do I Become"
- 01:31:26 Closing