Kevin is the co-founder + CEO of Rally, a platform that allows creators to launch their own digital currency + build independent economies with their communities.
He's also Chairman of Gen.G, an esports enterprise bridging Asia and North America. Previously, Kevin co-founded Kabam, a top mobile gaming company that grew to $400M/yr in revenue, 500+ million players and sold for nearly $1 billion.
Watch + subscribe on YouTube:
Get every episode + giveaways sent to your inbox: https://www.creatorlab.fm/subscribe/
Let us know what you think on Twitter:
In this conversation you'll learn about:
- emerging waves like AI, crypto, climate change + biotech
- evolution of the gaming industry + its business models
- rise of social gaming, esports, live streaming + where we're today
- gartner's hype cycle + how this applies to crypto
- how Rally is empowering creators to develop their own economies
- why there's a need for decentralized alternatives
- 0:00:00 – Preview Of Convo
- 0:02:19 – Sponsor Break
- 0:03:08 – Intro + Kevin’s Interest In Gaming
- 0:07:00 – 50 Games + 500mil Users
- 0:08:23 – Moment You Understand Ownership
- 0:14:59 – Hype Cycles + “Finding Something New”
- 0:20:57 – Other Waves: AI, Climate Change, Biotech
- 0:23:11 – What Is Rally?
- 0:24:02 – How Creator’s Use Rally
- 0:31:02 – What Are The Alternatives?
- 0:33:22 – NFT vs creator coin + creating an economy
- 0:37:49 – Why is it beneficial for a game to have its own currency?
- 0:46:04 – Kabam – Building A Billion Dollar Gaming Company
- 0:48:39 – Evolution Of Gaming Industry – 2.5bil People Playing Games
- 0:52:06 – Impact Of Social + Mobile On Gaming
- 0:53:38 – Gaming Business Models – Virtual Goods, Micro Transactions, Ads
- 0:56:04 – Fortnight
- 0:57:24 – Psychology Of Buying Virtual Goods
- 1:00:31 – Streaming – Watching People Play Games
- 1:04:54 – Rise of esports
- 1:09:33 – esports vs traditional sports
- 1:12:25 – NFTs + Vectors Of Opportunity
- 1:13:16 – Crypto Transcends Nations
- 1:16:56 – Digital Gold + Oil
- 1:18:44 – Problems with government money printing, dollars are worthless
- 1:23:31 – Price Volatility + Stable Coins
- 1:25:59 – Putting Bitcoin On Your Balance Sheet
- 1:29:43 – What does a decentralized alternative look like
- 1:33:37 – Decentralized social networks?
- 1:34:43 – “there is no corporation who runs email”
- 1:37:07 – Investing
- 1:39:34 – How to participate in crypto
Thank you to our sponsors:
Space - the easiest way to engage your team over audio:
Micro Acquire - the largest startup acquisition marketplace, join 50k+ others and buy or sell your startup: