Pomp is a partner + co-founder of Morgan Creek Digital.
He hosts a top 10 podcast, has an audience of ~400k followers on Twitter + writes a daily letter to 80,000 investors.
Watch + subscribe on YouTube:
Let us know what you think on Twitter:
Five Things You'll Learn:
- actionable ways to grow a Twitter, YouTube & e-mail audience
- subscriptions, ads + the future of media monetization
- “digital art” + emerging trends to invest in
- the pros, cons + innovation of "rolling funds”
- staying motivated + perspective gained from serving in the army
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:02:12 Who is Pomp?
- 00:04:13 “Having an Audience is the New Currency”
- 00:06:08 Building an Audience is Hard Work
- 00:07:32 One Platform At A Time
- 00:11:48 Pomp’s Daily Routine + Staying Consistent
- 00:15:30 How To Get Twitter Followers
- 00:16:58 “Twitter Is What Linkedin Should’ve Been”
- 00:18:01 Links Hurt Virality
- 00:20:53 Behind The YouTube Algorithm
- 00:23:47 Editing For Social Media
- 00:24:52 How Pomp Grew His YouTube Channel
- 00:27:40 Writing Eye-Catching Headlines
- 00:30:36 Podcast Discoverability
- 00:32:06 Complete vs Perfect
- 00:35:52 “Trigger Fingers Turned To Twitter Fingers”
- 00:37:48 Navigating Platform Risk + Organic Reach
- 00:40:26 Future Of Monetization: Substack, Subscriptions + Ads
- 00:42:14 Investment Approach
- 00:44:13 Pomp’s 4 Rules To Wealth
- 00:48:21 Investing in Digital Art?
- 00:52:13 Why Use A Rolling Fund?
- 00:55:22 If Money Was No Obstacle…
- 00:58:08 Perspective Gained From Serving In The Army
- 00:59:52 Wrap Up